Monday, September 14, 2015

Documentary Photography Assisgnment



I initially searched for photos that were taken in Great Britain. I’ve found photographs that document Great Britain and its history interesting. This image shows two women conversing while at Derby week in Surrey. When I first saw this photograph, I was drawn to how the photographer captured the two women. They look not at the camera but at each other as if they are sharing a private joke. The photograph captures a moment shared between the two women. Their faces show a lot of emotion and I find that demonstrates documentary photography well. The subjects emote a story, which is what I understand to be important in documentary photography.

ARTstor, Great Britain. England, 1972. Surrey. Epsom. Derby Week. Photo by Josef Koudelka 

1 comment:

  1. This photo stuck me because the women are so naturally engaged . Like so many of the photographs posted, people are being witnessed /documented by the camera and take no notice of that occurring.

    ReplyDelete